I really like to encourage people, especially those who are Christians. Keeping our focus on God can be difficult and it’s so easy to get discouraged. I think this list can be helpful (it’s not in any sort of order):
10 Suggestions for a Growing Christian:
- Read and study the Bible (Romans 12:1-2)
- Have a daily conversation with God (aka pray) (Matthew 26:41)
- Love others (John 13:34-35)
- Do not hold grudges or seek revenge (1 Peter 3:8-9)
- Worship God with other believers (Hebrews 10:25)
- Talk about Jesus and tell others what He has done for you (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Learn from other believers (Titus 2:2-8)
- Ask God to change you every day so that you are more like Jesus (Ephesians 4:22-24)
- Be accountable for your actions (James 4:17)
- Encourage others (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
I realized that I was “slacking” on my Bible reading. I had gone from reading a chapter a night to reading only one section of the chapter (the part after the subheading). It started because I was tired one night, but then on subsequent nights I convinced myself that it was better to read only a small section so that I can concentrate on what I was reading.
An incident yesterday reminded me that I have to read more, not less. I need to keep sharpening my sword and strengthening my armor— this process cannot be neglected. How can I possibly be ready for spiritual warfare or to help someone in battle when my sword is dull and my armor is thin? How about you? How are you doing?