I spent a little time today preparing my short devotional for the Ladies Tea on Saturday. I thought 1 Thessalonians 5 would be very encouraging to share. So I looked at verses 13-22. What I gained from reading the Scripture is how we are to encourage other Christians:
- Encourage them to stop arguing over silly things
- Encourage them to be productive
- Give courage to those with little faith
- Encourage those whose faith is being tested
- Encourage them to see others the way Jesus sees them
- Encourage them to not retaliate when they have been wronged
- Encourage them to look at all the blessings God has given them
- Encourage them to always pray
- Remind them that God is with them— that no matter what they are encountering, they are not alone
- Remind them that they belong to Jesus
Although this list was supposed to be for others, I realized that this is a good list for me to remember—for example, I need to stop arguing over insignificant things, and I need to see others the way Jesus does. Sometimes I need to be reminded of these things; but most of all, I need to be encouraged to do these things.
I need to stay encouraged when my faith is being tested, I need to look at all the blessings that God has given to me, and I need to remember that I belong to Jesus. I hope you have been encouraged!